@MILBHATGUY CAP CORNER!


What’s up Terrors! KC Jones here, aka @milbhatguyI’m filling in for Kyle. He is currently out there tracking down some sweet PNW baseball caps somewhere. At some point he will run out of mustache wax and will have to return.
Alright, here is the deal. If you are here reading this blog, you’re probably a degenerate when it comes to hats. It is what it is. Nothing you can do about it, except buy tons of sweet sweetcaps. You know how I love me some Milb caps. And making fun of Kyle’s affinity for the color green, and beer, and just general all around shenanigans. But today, I am here on a serious note. Consider this blog is your official warning….. 
Start stacking those shekels now boys and girls, because this 2018 Milb season is forecasted to be unleashing a whole lot of fire when it comes to throwbacks and alternate caps. Some of the teams such as the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp have already released theirs with Suns and Jaxpos caps. You can find those HERE  


These photos are the property of the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp.


In case you missed it last season, Milb started a Latino initiative called “Es Divertido Ser Un Fan” (It’s fun to be a fan). Teams are wearing alternate uniforms and playing as teams that honor the local Latino communities. Charlotte, Kane County, Las Vegas and Visalia did it during the 2017 season. Three of those teams released some ridiculous caps. My personal opinion was the Reyes de Plata and Toros caps are must haves. Find those HERE
and HERE                      
  
(I stole these pics off their team store sites.) (I hope we’re still friends)

Thirty three other teams will be participating this season. Will this mean 33 new caps? As we saw with Kane County last season, the answer is likely going to be no. However, the odds are that there will likely be some seriously good caps released. 
Here a few other releases- 
-Hartford Yard Goats will play as the Hartford Steamed Burgers.

-Reading Fighting Phils have updated their Crazy Hot Dog Vendor cap and will be wearing them on Sundays.

-West Michigan Whitecaps came out with a sweet throwback cap. 


-The Birmingham Barons have an absolute beauty of throwback for their Magic City promotion. (Side note, if you’re also into Jerseys, you will want one of their Magic City Jerseys)

I’m probably just scratching the surface here with these predictions and list. There are some other caps that I didn’t even mention (Coming to America, Fresno Style anyone?) that have already come out or have been announced. (For mesearching for these caps is part of the fun, so I don’t want to ruin all the fun for you.)
So do what you got to do. Cut out the Starbucks, recycle the bottles from your last bender. If I were you, I would sell me your caps, especially if they’re one of my grails. Just prepare yourselves. Worst case scenario, if my prediction of this hail storm of caps is as accurate as your local weather news person, you will have a nice stack of cash available for other sweet cap releases. 

- This is the first non-interview blog for the Timeline Terror Blog, (and the first one I’ve ever written) so I hope you like it, either way let us know. Join us on the twitter and the Insta, both @timelineterrors. I promise it’s a good time.

Comments

  1. I, myself, don’t steer towards caps of the minor leagues, but I definitely appreciate your enthusiasm- your energy- for those caps. That’s what it’s all about. Nice write-up. @muzixndmd “referred to as ‘doc’”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts