A conversation with @ArizonaHiggins

12.7.17

Let me be the first to say Welcome! to whatever it is this page is, and will eventually become. Second, I should apologize. I touted this blog as debuting on what is known as Black Friday in the United States, and just another random Friday in Canada and everywhere else. Well, blogging is hard.  I might be as millennial as they come, but I have never dabbled in the creation of anything, outside of my snarky comments on the social media, on the internet. Kudos to everyone who paved the way for me. By the way...I need to make a shout out to @ElysianBrewing because without their moral support none of this would actually be possible.

I digress. What is the point of this blog thing any way? Well I was sitting around motivating myself one evening (see the above about Elysian) and scrolling through all the cap/hat related Twitter posts on my feed. I, and most everyone else on the @TimelineTerrors #HOTD (hat of the day for the untrained caprofessional) enjoy seeing whatever cap so and so is cruising around in. I find this awesome, but it really is only a small glimpse into the pretty large and awesome cap collections some of the followers have. I thought it might be fun to see what kind of collections people have, what got them started into the cap collection arena, and some of their favorite caps and sports teams. So here we go...a brief conversation with @ArizonaHiggins (@AH)

@TT: Mr. Arizona Higgins, or Matt #1, thanks for being our first victim. I also want you to know that I ranked all 3 Matts on beard length only. Sorry other Matts. Who's the man behind the cap?

@AH: Father to Matthew Jr. My pride and joy. Started dating my wife over 12 years ago, married 7 years back on November 20th. Blue collar my entire life. Work in the automotive field.

@TT: Shout out to @MRSAZHIGGINS

@TT: Are you from Arizona originally?

@AH: BORN AND RAISED!

@TT: So your sports allegiance is definitely rooted in Arizona? I assume the Cardinals, Diamondbacks,  Sun and Coyotes are on your list? Any side chicks as far as fandom goes?

@AH: Sidechicks...honestly...the Golden Knights are running up hard on the 'Yotes. Baseball is Cubs for sure. Basketball is Timberwolves. Football...Cough..RAIDERS...cough.

@TT: Raiders? I'll admit Marshawn Lynch has me interested.

@AH: I love local teams. Not the U of A (university of Arizona).  Rough few years for the Suns and me though. I'll always be loyal though.

@TT: Like the old school Charles Barkley Suns?

@AH: Barkley years?! I was ten so yeah.

@TT: Soooo elephant in the room here. How did you get yourself into caps?

@AH: Honestly, I can't really say. I've worn some sort of hat since birth really. Arizona is 340 days of sunshine and I'm of Irish decent. There is no such thing as sunscreen. I came up in a huge sports family so team hats were always what we wore.

@TT: Lets talk actual caps. Its why I dragged you here. How many caps do you currently have?

@AH: Just over 225. What most of us would consider collector caps.

@TT: 225! Nice work. Are they all fitted, or do they fit into any one category?

@AH: I have about three snap. One Adidas stretch fit. I'm an 8 (WHICH IS A HUGE HEAD IF YOU HAVE NOT RESEARCHED THIS -TT). 99% of snap-backs do not fit.

@TT: You're kind of unique in the regards that Matty Jr. has his own collection of caps.

@AH: Oh man..not sure. He has about 15 fitted plus a few under the Christmas tree. Then a bunch of fun kid's hats. He has some "Paw Patrol" or gift hats from family that has traveled about. Maybe 30 hats total? Its fun. I'm glad I get to do it while I'm still cool.

@TT: You'll always be cool with 225 caps.

@TT: That's great! A family that fitteds together...just looks awesome.

@TT: What is your favorite cap?

@AH: Favorite cap? That's tough. Actually... easy answer. My two-tone Phoenix Firebirds.

@TT: From @HatClub? I'm jealous you live so close to such a cap-conscious company.

@TT: What is your grail? That one cap you just have to have. Warning. If you say Jacksonville Expos I'll reach over and slap you with a wet hand.

@AH: No, I have that one.

@AH: Debating. Holy grail is the Arizona State colorway "Haboob" cap from Clinkroom. I'd kill for this hat.

@TT: I came into collecting seriously at the tail end of the Clinkroom. I love some of Brandiose's work and it honestly keeps me up at night knowing that I missed some of these caps. I'd go to fisticuffs over them.

@TT: What's your first cap. The cornerstone, the almighty #1?

@AH: It was purple Mitchell and Ness, from 1993, the new Suns logo. First time going through a new logo change ever. It was an EPIC hat. First hat that I got a hat pin too. Loved it. Wore it high on the forehead on my bangs.

@TT: Heck yeah!

@AH: It was first day of school type joint. Amazing.

@TT: What is the breakdown of your caps? MLB, Hat Club exclusives etcetera?

@AH: They are all stored separately by category. 55 rndom caps. Hockey, Expos, Thrill SF, World Baseball Classic, soccer and what not.

@TT: You said Expos....

@AH: RIP...no offense.

@AH: I also have 30-40 MiLB caps and another 35-40 MLB caps.

@TT: That's outstanding. I'll overlook that Expos jab too! Thanks for hanging out man, bearing with me here and being our guinea pig. There is no prize. You get the satisfaction of being Numero Uno in our Collector Spotlight. When it blows up you can say you laid the ground work!

@AH: Cool homie! Anytime.








Comments

  1. Awesome work guys. Looking forward to how it progresses! @milbhatguy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts